NYC Bikers

Life is meant to be lived on the back of a bike. At least the fun parts. This blog is an effort on my part to convert the world into bikers, starting with my friends living here in Fresh Meadows! Even if I have to do it single handedly, I will civilize the bikers of New York!

Monday, May 30, 2011

"Phase one in which Doris gets her oats."

If you read my previous posts you met the new member of the family - a Royal Scot born in February of 1967. That's even before the Beatles's Sergeant Pepper's came out. That poor little Royal had years of dust on it so I gave it a bath. I gave it a bath in WD40.



Step One is to wash the bike in oil. WD40 will do the trick.


You want to lather the back, the fenders (any place with rust) totally with oil so you can wipe it down later and you want to let that soak in, penetrate, bake in the sun.



As you can see in this picture below you will get oil on the rims and will LOSE ALL ABILITY TO STOP! To not ride this bike until you fully remove all the oil or you may get into an accident.



After you have covered the bike in oil let it sit in the sun for a few days. It is important that the oil soaks in as much as possible.






It looks better already! Now the bike has to bake for a few days. Check back in a few to see what the final result looks like! I can't wait for the Diva to see it.

1 comment:

Mama Up! said...

Dude, it is already looking wicked slick! Now I want it! Dang!

P.S. - Enter my giveaway:

http://howbabbyformed.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway-40-gift-certificate-for-any.html

P.P.S. - Is there a bike that looks like one of the sweet fixed-gear beach cruisers but isn't actually a fixie?

Cow Bike!

Cow Bike!
Maes kept getting attacked by the cows whenever she biked through the fields. She decided camouflage would be the only way to survive.

My Favourite Blogs!